[LITE] Language Learning Accelerator
Get the time management and productivity strategies you need to learn a language on a busy schedule
You just don't have the time you'd like to learn a language.
There's school or work, your family, and other various activities you need to juggle on a daily basis. And as much as you'd like to finally learn a language, you're just too tired or too busy.
You feel like you'll never be able to fit language learning into your schedule.
But here's the thing...
You CAN find the time learn a new language.
Well, it's true...
And I know that for a fact because I myself have done it.
Over the last few years, I learnt several languages while working a full time job, performing as a professional musician, running my blog, Eurolinguiste, and maintaining my social/family life.
It took me some time to figure out how I'd fit learning into my schedule, but after some experimenting I found several strategies that worked for me.
And now I'd like to share them with you to help you save time (this is a time management course after all).
Here are a few reasons why better managing your time as a language learner should be at the top of your list of priorities:
- You'll not only progress through your studies more quickly but your motivation will get a nice boost along the way. You won't feel like you keep getting "stuck" in your learning.
- Figuring out when you'll study and what you'll study will become a habit; they won't seem like such overwhelming tasks that you never have the time to get around to.
- The process of learning a language will become more enjoyable because you won't feel like you're trying to force it into your routine.
I created Language Learning Accelerator to share the exact strategies and tools that I use to be a productive language learner. I haven't always effectively managed my time, but with the experience of learning and maintaining close to ten languages, I've picked up a lot of tactics to change that.
A lot of the techniques out there didn't work for me, so I decided to try a few things on my own. And that's when everything changed.
With a full-time job, a full-time career, and as a new parent, figuring out how and when to study languages is a challenge. I've made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I've finally found a system that works for me.
But I don't want you to spend all that time going through the same long and frustrating process that I did, which is why I've worked hard to include all of the best practices to fit language learning in to your busy schedule.
"I'm not new to time management strategies, but ironically, knowing more about the subject let me do less - as I was constantly obsessing over improving my productivity. My language study slowed down lately, and I didn't want that. I've been following Shannon for a while and it always amazed me how many things she could get done at once - it seemed magic from the outside. So I knew she was a trustworthy person when it came to managing language study time. I loved her course because instead of just dumping a lot of time management lingo on me she actually gave me the steps to set up my own schedule and helped stick to it. My Chinese study is back on track to fluency!"
- Bálint Kőrösi, Founder, Otevotnyelv
Here's what you can expect when you enroll in Language Learning Accelerator:
- An introduction to the course
- How to use the course
- How long does it take to learn a language?
- Why goal setting is important to good time management
- Why are you learning a language?
- Which language should you learn?
- Why goal setting isn't enough
- When enough is enough
- What the four core language learning skills are and how you should divide your time between them
- How to discover what kind of learner you are - it might not be what you think!
- Whether you should use language guides or courses
- When to review and when to work on new material
- The Immersion Myth
- Why less is more in language learning
- How to get rid of distractions so you can focus on your language studies
- Why your physical study space matters when you're trying to be productive and how to build the right kind of study environment
- Why busy does not mean you're using your time wisely
- How to evaluate your daily routine to find time for language study
- What procrastination actually looks like and how to kick the habit
- The basics of time management and how to apply them to language learning
- Why preparation is key
- Effective learning isn't hurried learning and how you'll save time by taking it slow and steady
- How to avoid burnout as a language learner
- The importance or re-evaluating your learning strategies
- How to prioritize
- Several of the most powerful time management strategies and how to implement them
- The one time management tactic that matters most and why not doing it makes every other strategy irrelevant
- How to use what you know outside of language learning to become a better learner
- Techniques for learning a language faster
- How to make language learning a part of your daily routine without sacrificing the other things you're doing
- The best way to learn a ton of vocabulary
- My method for learning a language from the very beginning
- Language learning activities you can do based on the amount of time they take
- The tech and tools you can use to organize your language learning
- How to learn multiple languages
- Actionable worksheets for every module
- Webinars with language learning expert
Shannon Kennedy is a graduate of Queen’s University Belfast in Northern Ireland where she gained both a Master’s degree in Music and a passion for language learning. She is the writer and language enthusiast behind Eurolinguiste, a website dedicated to sharing language and travel tips. Her language learning adventures truly began with Italian, German and French at university. She has has since added Croatian, Russian, Korean, Spanish and Chinese and other languages at various levels to her repertoire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Course Launch Bonuses
As a special thank you for purchasing this course during the launch, here are the bonuses that you will receive:
Course Webinar Videos
As a part of the launch, I'm hosting a series of webinars with experts in the language learning community. You'll have lifetime access to the replays of these webinars when you purchase the course as a part of the launch.
Access to the Community Group
Get access information to the course's exclusive membership community where you can post questions, keep accountable and offer your experience to other members.
Special Offer for Early Sign Ups
(This offer expires July 1, 2017)
This fall, Lindsay Williams of Lindsay Does Languages and I are opening the doors to Language Study Club. It’s a monthly membership club that gives you access to new and exclusive content each and every month to take your language learning further.
One month, it’ll be exciting new good stuff from me, and the next it’ll be from Lindsay.
Here's what to expect from us across the month:
Week 1 - Detailed video content about one topic
Week 2 - Workbook to help you take things further
Week 3 - Mini Challenge to put everything you've learnt so far into action
Week 4 - Live Q+A with me or Lindsay
The great thing about this is the different perspectives you’ll get on language learning, especially as from time to time we plan to bring in guest co-hosts, who will all have different methods for solo language study.
But that’s not all.
You’ll also get teamed up with a smaller group of language learners who based on the initial questionnaire you complete will complement each other well. There may be a mix of language learners and a mix of personality types, and that’s a good thing to embrace. You’ll meet with your smaller group weekly (or more or less as your group prefers) and you’ll support each other along the journey.
You also get access to regular study sessions. These are chances to hop onto a live video call with me, Lindsay and other language learners to just learn together with microphones off. If you find yourself highly motivated by accountability, this is a great chance to take advantage of that. I mean, are you really going to scroll Facebook when there’s other language learners watching you?
Additionally, there’s the monthly live Q+A in week 4 where everyone gets a chance to join in and share their best language learning tips and advice.
Normally, Language Study Club would cost you $29 per month. That’s $174 for 6 months.
But because you’re awesome, you get a whole 6 months for just $57 if you purchase it along with Language Learning Accelerator today - saving you over $100. This offer expires soon, so don't miss out!